First Light Biosciences is developing breakthrough automated medical diagnostic products for rapid, sensitive, automated, and cost-effective detection of the microbes that cause hospital infections. The products address the key medical need to rapidly determine the right antibiotic to cure these life-threatening infections. Based on its proprietary MultiPath™ digital imaging technology, First Light’s products will combine the performance of the most advanced automated commercial laboratory tests with unprecedented affordability and ease-of-use. First Light Biosciences is a well-funded Bedford MA company offering a stimulating environment with a culture of excellence in science, engineering, and business.
We are seeking a senior scientist with a strong background in in-vitro diagnostic assay development. You will be part of an integrated interdisciplinary team developing powerful new medical diagnostic products using advanced immunochemical, nanoparticle, and digital imaging technology for rapid detection of microbial pathogens. As a critical contributor to the development of one of the company’s infectious disease tests, you should be a results-focused, team-oriented, bench scientist. The job responsibilities center on the design, development, optimization and validation of diagnostic assays.
• Develop and apply rational design techniques to optimize key parameters of assay development
• Serve as a technical expert in immounoassays, molecular biological and/or microbiological technologies within the organization and provide support to multiple projects
• Identify, manage and contribute to external collaborations relevant to the program
• Maintain accountability for project success and results delivery
• Contribute to scientific and strategy discussions to advance and enhance the platform and assay candidates
• Communicate research and development findings internally and externally
• Supervise junior scientists working in the team
• Design, optimize and validate the assays for multi
• Strong in experimental design, scientific analysis, critical thinking, trouble shooting abilities
• Outstanding communication skills
• Ability to multi-task to meet aggressive timelines, and technology development goals
• Strong molecular biology, microbiological, protein chemistry, and immunological methods skills
• Ability to think critically and creatively as part of a fast-paced research team
• Highly organized, attention to detail, attains project milestones on time
• Motivated to find ways to improve personal, team, and company efficiency
• Ability to develop clear work instructions and test plans
• PhD or MA in a life sciences field
• A track record of successful IVD development including >3 years industry experience
• Industry experience using microbiology and/or antibody-based methods
• Clinical microbiology laboratory experience a plus
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Position type: Full-time
Competitive salary and benefits. Title and compensation depends on experience and education.
Please apply by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. To insure proper processing include the Job Code SSNOV16BS in the subject line of the email.