Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Senior Scientific Researcher - OMNI Biomarker Development Group
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientific Researcher to join the OMNI Biomarker group within Development Sciences. Our group is responsible for developing and implementing biomarkers for programs in Neuroscience and Ophthalmology. The successful candidate will join our team and work to identify and profile biomarkers in preclinical models and implement diagnostic and pharmacodynamic assays in clinical trials of novel therapeutics.
• Discover and evaluate biomarkers in different cell systems and in preclinical models
• Develop and optimize biomarker assays
• Implement biomarker assays in clinical trials
• Evaluate new technologies to support clinical biomarker assay development
• BSc. MSc. with at least 6-9 years of related work experience in biotech or an academic research environment
• Proactive and independent researcher
• Substantial experience in qPCR, biochemistry, immunoassays, next-gen sequencing and cell biology techniques
• Mass spectrometry experience is a plus
• Strong technical skills in whole blood, cell based assays and tissue processing
• Experience in developing and implementing clinical biomarker assays a plus
• Able to learn new methodologies quickly and efficiently and to work in different disease areas
• Able to design, execute, and troubleshoot experiments independently
• Able to analyze and interpret results including analysis of large datasets using MS Excel, Spotfire, R and other statistical tools
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Skillful at interpreting and clearly communicating results
• Neuroscience and/or Ophthalmology experience desired, but not required.
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
No matter who you are or what role you play, you’ll help change the face of medicine and make a real difference in the lives of people facing the most challenging medical conditions. Plus, you’ll thrive in our one-of-a-kind culture, where diversity is celebrated, employees are valued for their contributions and we all serve as advocates for change who continually find ways to do things better.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the Apply button below.
Genentech, a member of the Roche Group, has multiple medicines on the market for cancer and other serious illnesses.
Genentech is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Disability/Veteran