Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to alter the tumor microenvironment to enhance tumor cell killing. Our company has a growing portfolio of product candidates.
We currently have three protein therapeutics in clinical trials:
- Cabiralizumab (FPA008) –in pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) and in multiple cancers
- FPA144 – in FGFR2b over-expressing gastric cancer
- FP-1039 – an FGF ligand trap in mesothelioma
On the strength of our unique discovery platform and capabilities, we have entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies. We currently have three active research collaborations with Bristol-Myers Squibb, UCB Pharma, S.A. and GlaxoSmithKline.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
FivePrime Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a motivated and energetic individual to join our team. The individual will be responsible for developing cutting edge immunological techniques to aid in the rapid discovery of antibodies. This position reports to the Associate Director, Antibody Engineering & Technologies.
- Generate antibodies to rare epitopes through innovative immunization, selection, and cloning approaches.
- Strong issue culture and molecular biology experience that will aid in development of novel techniques to probe and manipulate the host immune repertoire.
- Organize and execute complex antibody generation projects
- Analyze, interpret and communicate scientific data
Experience and Skills
- B.S./ M.S. in biological sciences with 10+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with broad B cell biology; technical proficiency in molecular biology
- Hands-on experience in antibody discovery methods, including advanced B-cell cloning, phage display, hybridoma techniques, mammalian display and other display technologies
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing is highly desirable
- Ability to adapt and rapidly integrate new technologies into existing projects
- Experience in antibody engineering, optimization of effector function, affinity and biophysical properties is desirable
- Expertise in therapeutic antibody discovery and development is desirable but not essential
- Working knowledge of Flow cytometry based cell sorting is a plus.
- Good initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills; attention to detail and analytical