The cancer biology group at eFFECTOR Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated research associate to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team to provide in vivo pharmacology expertise to oncology drug discovery projects. The candidate will be responsible for the in vivo evaluation of novel targeted agents and drug combinations. Experience in establishing oncology efficacy models, delivering drugs via multiple routes of administration (p.o., i.p., and i.v.) and the ability to measure standard and molecular endpoints (western blot, ELISA, imaging) is required. The candidate will also assist in measurement of pharmacodynamic biomarkers and conducting routine mouse and rat PK studies. Title will be based upon relevant education and experience.
eFFECTOR Therapeutics offers an attractive salary and benefits package. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the specific job code: IVP-2 in the email subject line. PDF files are encouraged.
• B.S/M.S in biological sciences or related discipline with 4+ years of work experience in an industry environment
• Hands on experience with oncology animal models (xenograft and/or syngeneic models)
• Demonstrated proficiency with in vivo procedures (animal handling, PO/IP/IV dosing, blood/tissue collection) and in vitro methods (tissue culture)
• Additional experience including surgical skills or immunohistochemistry is a plus
• Ability to design, execute, analyze and interpret experiments with minimal direct supervision
• High attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and work productively in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Prism, Excel and PowerPoint
• Positive and collaborative disposition with the ability to work easily within a team