NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a research-driven, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company that has generated a promising pipeline of therapeutics in cardio-metabolic, liver and immune-oncology areas. Our deep expertise in drug discovery and translational development, coupled with the significant resources from our partnership with Merck, is driving the development of transformational medicines that dramatically improve human health.
We are recruiting a motivated Senior Research Associate to join our mammalian protein expression group.
• Develop stable cell lines for NGM nominated molecules
• Characterize the CHO hosts and identify the best host for protein expression
• Develop a new platform process for stable cell line development
• Develop innovative technologies to improve stable cell line development
• Molecular characterization of the cell lines developed
• B.S. with a minimum of 10 years of experience, M.S. with a minimum of 7 years of experience,
• Familiarity with antibody properties and sequences
• Broad experience in cell biology, including mammalian cell culture, cell transfection, and cell-based functional assays
• Broad experience with molecular biology such as cloning, PCR, vector construction, and sequence analysis
• Expertise in designing and executing immunological methods such as ELISA, FACS, Western and immunostaining etc
• Must be able to work independently and proactively with minimal supervision
• Must be able to perform cell line development and technology development in parallel
• Must be able to communicate well, both orally and in writing
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.