Senior Research Associate - Preclinical
Seattle Genetics, Inc.
High school or equivalent
We are seeking an innovative research candidate to be on the forefront of evaluating novel antibody drug conjugates and other candidate therapeutics in our pipeline using in vivo cancer xenograft and syngeneic tumor models.
Primary responsibilities include planning, coordinating and conducting studies in rodents to test experimental compounds for activity, pharmacologic mechanisms of action and safety. The candidate is also expected to conduct in vitro/ex vivo assessments of the activity of our drugs. The candidate will be required to work both independently and in a multidisciplinary team setting to ensure timely completion of studies and is expected to present experimental findings at internal meetings.
• B.S. in Cancer Biology, Immunology, Cell Biology or related field with 5+ yrs experience working with small laboratory animals
• Expertise in mouse and rat procedures including tumor implantation, tumor growth monitoring, dosing, biological sample collection and minor surgery
• Strong background in cell biology and ligand binding assays including flow cytometry, ELISA and cytotoxicity assays required. A working knowledge of protein chemistry and molecular biology techniques including SDS-PAGE, Western blot, cell transfection/transduction and PCR desired.
• Familiarity with ACCESS Database, Excel , and Power Point programs recommended
• Strong interest in antibody-based drug development
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Experience serving as an IACUC member and understanding of IACUC processes a plus
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer
E-Mail to a Friend
Add to Job Folder