Ambrx is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company enabling a new field of protein medicinal chemistry, using a technology that directs the incorporation of amino acids beyond nature’s conserved set into biosynthetic proteins to produce high value biological products such as antibody-drug conjugates.
Ambrx is seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Associate. This position will be responsible for cell culture process development and material production to support R&D, pre-clinical, and clinical activities. In this role, the candidate will work closely with team members in the Process Development group as well as with the cell line development and purification groups to evaluate new clones, develop new processes, and generate material.
• Independently set up, run, and harvest shake flasks, WAVE bioreactors, and bench top bioreactors
• Independently execute process optimization experiments in deep-well plates, shake flasks, and bioreactors including setting up and maintaining productions and measuring growth and titer.
• Design experiments and analyze data
• Prepare media, buffers, and other reagents and solutions
• Order reagents and consumables and maintain cell culture equipment
• Present work in group meeting and/or project meetings
• Comply with good housekeeping and company safety practices
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biochemistry, or related scientific field with 4+ years industrial experience
• Aseptic technique
• Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture (CHO) for mAb or recombinant protein production
• Familiarity with bioreactor operations with the understanding of process development at the shake flask and bioreactor scales
• Knowledge of statistical design of experiments
• Ability to multi-task with attention to detail and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Good problem-solving, organization, communication, and collaborative skills are essential
• This position will require some off hour and/or weekend work
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits. EOE