A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact. All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
This is a non-PhD level position for an experienced flow cytometry expert. Incumbent will be responsible for the development and qualification of novel, multi-color flow cytometry assays in support of various Pfizer vaccine programs from vaccine discovery through clinical development. The candidate will also be responsible for maintenance and upkeep of multiple flow cytometers. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for flow cytometry training and support of other scientists in the Flow Cytometry and Cell-Mediated Immunology Assay Group.
* Develop, optimize, and qualify multi-color flow cytometry assays for preclinical and clinical use
* Oversee and maintenance of flow cytometers (BD LSRII, BD LSRFortessa, and BD Accuri C6)
* Provide flow cytometry training on experimental design, instrument operation and data analysis
* Advise vaccine program teams on flow cytometry-based solutions to vaccine research problems
* Present progress on assay development and sample analysis to senior management and project leadership
* Investigate novel flow cytometry reagents, platforms and technologies
* BS degree in biological sciences/related field with 6+ years (or MS degree with 5+ years) of flow cytometry experience with modern multi-laser flow cytometers
* Demonstrated expertise in polychromatic flow cytometry is required
* In-depth knowledge of multiple flow cytometry instrument platforms (BD LSRII, BD LSRFortessa, and BD Accuri C6) is required
* Highly skilled in flow cytometry data analyses (FlowJo, SPICE, etc.)
The position has physical requirements of basic office and laboratory work (sitting, standing, and walking). The mental requirements include the ability to analyze data and design experiments; to present complex concepts to colleagues.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.