Calico is inviting applications from cell biologists/biochemists who are excited to work as part of a research team focused on identifying signaling pathways involved in neurological diseases and aging. We are looking for a highly motivated and creative person who will focus on developing cellular assays to study protein aggregation as well as biochemical characterization of cellular pathways involved in neurodegeneration and aging.
• BS/MS degree with 6-10 years of experience
• 4+ years of experience with cell culture. Experience culturing different primary CNS cell types (single, co-culture and 3D cultures) and familiarity with hiPSCs differentiation highly desirable
• Extensive experience with cell-based assays and microscopy based phenotypic characterization
• Experience developing and optimizing biochemical assays and subcellular fractionation
• Familiarity with protein expression and purification
You need to be an enthusiastic team player, thrive on attention to detail and have excellent verbal/written communication skills.
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.