NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private, maturing biotech start-up dedicated to discovering the next generation medicines to treat grave diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates, and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting edge science will provide the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. In 2015, we established a broad collaboration with Merck that will provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious research and development goals. This partnership is a strong validation for NGM as a biologics discovery engine that will generate transformational medicines for unmet medical needs.
NGM is currently offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated senior research associate to join our team with experience in biologics-related bioanalytical assays.
• Design and develop a broad range of bioanalytical assays including lmmunoassays (PK, ADA and occasionally biomarkers) and cell-based neutralizing antibody assays for protein and antibody based therapeutics in compliance with GLP and regulatory guidance to support clinical and early development studies
• Responsibilities of the position include receiving and testing of non-GLP samples, planning experiments, performing assay troubleshooting, interpreting data, establishing and updating assay methods
• Design and execute experiments independently; record, analyze and communicate data to senior staff and team members
• Present results in team meetings and deliver presentations to both small and large groups
• Experience in developing, troubleshooting, and validating PK, ADA, and Neutralizing immunoassays in a GLP/GCP regulated environment using ELISA and/or MSD platform. Experience with other assay platforms (LCMS) is a plus
• Experience with cell based assays
• Hands-on experience in labeling proteins and antibodies
• Maintain accurate comprehensive documentation of internal data and communicate progress periodically to supervisor and project teams
• Must be able to communicate and multi-task within a fast-paced team environment with a high degree of self-motivation and organization
• MS in biology-related discipline with 6+ years related laboratory experience or BA/BS in biology-related discipline and 8+ years of laboratory experience.
• GLP experience is a must.
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.