The Senior Product Manager is responsible for development of launch materials and initiatives related to the field-based Clinical Education team, patient access and support program, and managed markets. This position offers the opportunity to develop and drive key promotional aspects on a fast paced & dynamic launch team. In addition, he/she will collaborate effectively with vendor partners, across cross-functional areas within InterMune and with the marketing team to ensure team alignment and compliance.
This position provides a leadership opportunity to ensure that InterMune’s innovative access, and support and services initiatives are maximized to support a successful launch of Esbriet.
Example Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Commercial leadership to assess market needs for InterMune product(s) and determine appropriate courses of action to meet or exceed objectives.
- Oversee development and implementation of tools and initiatives to support market access launch strategy including message development, promotional development, and field rollout.
- Oversee development and implementation of marketing tools and initiatives to maximize HCP and patient awareness and education around the patient support program (reimbursement services, financial assistance, customer service) and to support the needs of the field-based Clinical Education team.
- Effectively collaborate and develop professional relationships with the Marketing, Access, and Patient Services teams, as well as other functional partners including (but not limited to) Market Planning, Patient Insights, Medical Affairs, Legal, Sales, Training and Regulatory.
- Partner with external agency vendors to ensure projects are aligned with brand strategy and completed according to required deadlines and budget.
- Prioritize responsibilities to meet all timelines and key brand milestones.
- Lead brand Promotional Review Committee (PRC) activities and effectively partner with PRC members.
- Manage promotional budget in collaboration with finance to within 5%-10% variance.
- Participate in development & implementation of LRRs, brand and tactical plans and other business planning processes.
- Manage development of promotional messaging, tools, training and programs for the various field-based customers (eg, Sales, Account Managers, Nurse Educators).
- Business travel, by air or car, is required for regular internal and external business meetings.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, highly matrixed small pharma environment, where you will roll up your sleeves and have a direct impact.
- Bachelor’s degree (Marketing or Life Sciences degree is preferred). MBA or other related graduate-level degree is desired.
- Four or more years work experience in managed markets, patient services, and/or product marketing in the pharmaceutical, biotech or other related industry, with a minimum of three years previous marketing experience. US marketing experience required and recent launch experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to establish and deliver compelling messages and campaigns that influence attitudes and behaviors.
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding qualitative goals as well as financial and/or other quantitative targets.
- Demonstrated strategic acumen in developing innovative strategies as well as those based on best practice.
- Self-starter with strong decision-making capabilities and demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to successfully manage a full workload across multiple-projects. Strong project management skills to ensure timelines are met when integrating input from cross-functional groups as well as the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Must be highly motivated, able to take initiative and work independently.
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and continued industry related education.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access etc.
- Demonstrate commitment and support for company and department goals, objectives and procedures.
- Represent InterMune by developing collaborative relationships with industry colleagues and vendors.
- Strong knowledge of and commitment to internal and external regulatory guidelines, compliance and promotional policies.
- Demonstrate professionalism and adherence to moral, ethical and quality principles.
- Participate in corporate and departmental meetings.
- Comply with applicable regulations, GCP and corporate policies and procedures.
Please reference requisition number MK13254 when applying for this position.
InterMune is an Equal Opportunity Employer