The DRM04 Senior Product Manager / Brand Director will lead the launch of DRM04, a topical product for the treatment of hyperhidrosis, expected to be approved for US use in 2018. Key responsibilities include development and implementation of the brand strategy and tactical plan which will support the life cycle management plan and help Dermira to fully capitalize on the DRM04 asset. This position is based in Menlo Park, CA and reports to the Vice President of Marketing.
• Develop and implement commercial launch plans.
• Lead the development of (product) positioning and messaging with dermatologists.
• Work with Medical Affairs on support plans including strategy and materials.
• Work with cross-functional teams on development of the scientific story, KOL development and other professional and consumer communications.
• Assess and recommend adjustments to resource needs to support launch.
• Play leadership role on product launch team and in various working groups to ensure integrated activities for product launch and lasting commercial success.
• Identify needs and manage internal and external resources to achieve project commitments in cost-effective manner.
• Develop a plan and budget for marketing strategy programs, monitor expenditures and resolve any resource or budget issues.
• Support strategic development of sales forecast and build plan to exceed product goals.
• Successfully execute all key commercial initiatives and tactics through partnership with Sales, Training, Market Access, etc
• Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred, in business or equivalent subject matter.
• Minimum of 8-10 years in brand marketing and promotions experience with biopharma specialty markets/products, including at least 5 years leading key programs.
• Successful product launch and experience required (dermatology experience preferred).
• Market building capabilities in underdeveloped disease state is highly preferred
• Demonstrated management and leadership skills to influence and solve problems across functional areas of the business.
• Demonstrated ability to plan ahead and meet deliverable timelines
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Entrepreneurial spirit with “make-it-happen” attitude.
• Travel is required (approximately 25%)