At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Sr. Medical Information Manager for Immuno-Oncology in Gaithersburg, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and haematological cancers. As well as other tumour types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalised healthcare and biomarker technologies.
The Senior Medical Information Manager – Immuno-Oncology is responsible for the execution of Medical Information brand/therapeutic area deliverables, including answering medical inquiries from healthcare professionals, reviewing/providing scientific consult to promotional materials, and development of scientific content to support Medical Affairs. Generally, this role is focused on one of two areas: scientific content/brand support or customer engagement.
In addition to the scientific focus, you’ll be tasked with the general responsibilities of demonstrating scientific and business expertise relevant to therapeutic areas, including products, disease state management, emerging therapies, and the competitive landscape. This will require you to collaborate with key stakeholders to identify scientific information to meet customer needs.
In addition, you’ll be required to monitor the medical environment, and apply scientific expertise, along with regulatory and compliance knowledge, to impact Brand/Therapeutic Area strategy.
Minimum Requirements – Education and Experience
- Advanced degree in Pharmacy (PharmD preferred), Pharmacology, Science or equivalent clinical experience
- 1-3 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry based Drug/Medical Information or equivalent industry experience
- 1-3 years of Oncology experience
- Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication and management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply FDA, legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements to Medical Affairs activities and drug information delivery
- Understanding of the information needs for various customer segments
- Strong collaboration skills
- 2-4 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry in drug information, preferably in Medical Affairs
- Immuno-Oncology experience
- Clinical Pharmacy experience with patient care exposure
- Drug Information Residency or equivalent experience
- Experience working with Commercial or Brand Teams
- Strong leadership ability
- Medical information call center experience
- Experience leading projects and teams
- Managed Markets or HEOR experience
- Pharmacy Licensure preferred
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.