JOB OBJECTIVE: (Briefly describe the purpose of the position)
Responsible for company-wide procurement function, including but not limited to developing processes and procedures to ensure materials and supplies are purchased from a supply chain that meets the needs of the business.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Source, review and analyze supply, service and capital equipment proposals, negotiate price and terms, recommend suppliers, as appropriate. Deliver cost savings on negotiated agreements against pre-determined targets.
• Process requisitions and follow-up on orders and scheduled deliveries. Maintain necessary purchasing files.
• Develop and implement process improvements across all areas of corporate purchasing.
• Maintain on-line purchasing system, ReQlogic.
• Ensure compliance with corporate policies, including the grant of authority, related to the purchasing function.
• Develop and present strategic plans for cost savings/avoidance. Aggressively seek and recommend cost saving programs.
• Establish and manage vendor relations and performance. Accurately communicate requirements to suppliers while emphasizing quality and on-time delivery. Maintain the optimum balance of quality, cost and delivery to ensure uninterrupted service.
• Establish and maintain a database of service and maintenance contracts. Source, negotiate terms and secure timely renewals, as appropriate.
• Perform special projects as requested.
Works with all employees to assist in procurement needs and management of company-wide service and maintenance contracts.
Interaction (level of positions, nature of interaction, frequency):
Regularly interacts with all employees regarding procurement matters and vendor relations.
Extensive interaction with vendors and suppliers.
Impact of Decisions/Errors: Erroneous decisions may result in inaccurate and, potentially unauthorized purchase requisitions (and purchase commitments) to vendors. Untimely procurement may also result in project timeline delays.
Amount of Supervision Received: Requires moderate level of supervision. Receives minimal instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
Experience: Minimum 8-10 years related purchasing experience in the biotechnology or biopharmaceutical industry. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a high level of accuracy and timeliness. Experience with ReqLogic a plus.
Skills and Capabilities : (Specific abilities needed for the position)
• Energetic, flexible team player with the ability to manage in a changing environment.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with external parties and all levels of personnel.
• Time management and organizational skills.
• Strong and proven negotiation skills.
Responsible for procurement, systems management, supply chain, energetic, flexible team player, excellent communication skills.