At Novartis, we aim to change the practice of medicine, and innovation not only means developing effective, targeted medicines quickly, but also ensuring that these medicines get to the patients who need them. Our vision is to be a trusted leader in changing the practice of medicine. To achieve that, we are continuously seeking talented individuals who are passionate about making a difference in healthcare to be a part our team!
We are currently looking for a Senior Maintenance Mechanic (3rd shift) with equipment/facility experience for our San Carlos, CA site.
The Senior Maintenance Mechanic (Equipment -Facility) is responsible for mechanical service call and in-house repairs throughout facility and grounds. Performs work in one or more maintenance trades including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and painting. Performs routine equipment maintenance and repair. Performs installation of various fixtures. Makes periodic or special inspections of equipment, utilities and premises to determine repair work necessary. May work from rough sketches and drawings. This job contributes to and supports the company’s research and development efforts to create high value therapeutics to address unmet medical needs.
• Works on assignments that are extremely complex in nature where independent action and a high degree of initiative are required in resolving problems and developing recommendations.
• Recommends and implements ideas to improve efficiency and or cost savings.
• Executes maintenance tasks from written procedures or instructions.
• Generates Standard Operating Procedures or Work Instructions for Preventative Maintenance for new or existing equipment utilizing manufacturer's data, experience or assessments.
• Perform preventive maintenance procedures on a variety of specialized pharmaceutical manufacturing and general mechanical equipment and utilities.
• Provides repair, fabrication, and general labor services throughout all areas.
• Provides supervision and direction to external service providers performing work on site.
• Provides training within specific skill set(s), to staff for the purpose of ensuring a broad base of knowledge within the group.
• Ensures laboratory water systems are regularly maintained.
• Documents all work performed per the appropriate documentation system.
• Conducts investigations for quality systems as assigned.
• May act as lead on a variety of maintenance issues.
• Provides other miscellaneous facilities support as assigned.
• May provide on-the-job training and guidance to junior staff.
• A minimum of 6 years industry experience is required.
• A minimum of 3 years experience working in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, or similar industry is required.
• Thorough knowledge of FDA and GMP requirements is required.
• Requires a working knowledge of shop math with an ability to read and write and utilize complicated drawings and specifications, advanced mathematics, and a variety of precisions measuring instruments.
• Requires experience in the maintenance trades, broad trade knowledge equivalent to training received in a formal registered apprentice program.
• HVAC knowledge is required.
• Process systems knowledge is required.
• Strong attention to detail regarding documentation is a must.
• Good communication skills both oral and writ-ten are a must.
• Must be able to follow Standard Operating Procedures.
• Good computer skills are required.
• Excellent organizational skills are required.
• Must have an ability to multi-task.
Please apply at www.novartis.com.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.