Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Senior Director of Global Pricing & Market Access CAR – T will be the lead CAR-T pricing and reimbursement functional representative serving on Global Project Teams, Early Commercialization Teams and G3M (Global Medical Affairs, Marketing, and Market Access) teams. The primary responsibility for this role is to serve as the voice of Market Access to ensure reimburse-ability of clinical study designs related to our CD-19 assets (JUNO partnership) by examining the proposed value propositions and weighing them against payer requirements in major markets. Close collaboration with Clinical Development, Regulatory Affairs, Project Leadership, Commercial Leadership, and Corporate Affairs is essential. In addition, this role may have a direct report based in Europe who will be responsible for identifying the ideal reimbursement pathways and potential innovative pricing and payment models across the EU5 and Japan. In this regard, this role will be responsible for communicating the optimal reimbursement pathways and pricing models to members of the project team and to senior management.
Strong communication with our Juno colleagues will be critical component of this role to ensure we have an understanding of their approach with payers in the US and of their aggregate development program. Remaining abreast of emerging competitive intelligence will be important to be informed of the evolving CAR-T market. This role will report directly into the Head of Global Pricing & Market Access.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
? Serve as the Pricing and Market Access Functional Representative for CAR-T on the Celgene Global Project Team and the joint Celgene / Juno Global Project Team.
? Provide input into the Clinical development programs to ensure the endpoints and anticipated magnitude of effect is acceptable from a reimbursement perspective
? Development of a PRO strategy to ensure
? Work with key affiliate market access representatives to understand the reimburse-ability of the proposed study designs and to identify likely data requirements to support the local submissions (HTA SAP)
? Lead on early scientific advice activities with HTA agencies to inform clinical development programs
? Inform Target Product Profile to ensure reimbursement requirements are included and considered appropriately
? Lead development of the Global Value Proposition and evidence package inclusive of budget impact models, early cost effectiveness models, burden of illness studies, etc.
? Lead the development of the RWE / HEOR strategy to support the value proposition of CAR-T for launch readiness and beyond – to support price re-negotiations at the local level
? Work with clinical to develop real world evidence for patients receiving SoC in rrALL and rrDLBCL to potentially serve as a comparator arm to current ongoing single arm studies
? Work in collaboration with the Boudry-based pricing and market access lead to understand potential reimbursement pathways and pricing models
? Working with cross functional partners to map out various product value propositions and launch scenarios and identify the access implications across each scenarios
? Work in collaboration with the boudry based pricing and market access lead to drive the partnerships and external engagements with payers, policy makers, patient associations and prescribers through advisory board meetings and/or via formal scientific advice interactions
? Provide regular communications working with the project teams, EC and G3M team to senior management on the reimbursement potential of JCAR015 and JCAR017
? Monitor the market place for understanding of key market events (e.g. KITE / Novartis reimbursement schemes US and ex-US) and report back to the relevant team stakeholders
? Work with cross functional partners Global Access Lead / clinical / regulatory / manufacturing to support understand the implications of regional / local manufacturing / GMO laws / guidelines on reimbursement pathways
? Work with EU commercial lead to develop payer education communication materials to enable discussion with payers and payer stakeholders
? Work with Global Pricing and Access Lymphoma therapeutic area lead to ensure their perspectives are incorporated and leveraged in the development of the value proposition of JCAR017
? Inform brand positioning, messaging, and differentiation strategies in collaboration with global and EU cross functional partners
? In close collaboration with Boudry based Pricing and Market Access colleague - develop a global pricing strategy for JCAR015 and JCAR017
? Inform global forecasts and price assumptions for JCAR015 and JCAR017
? Participate in relevant market EU5 & Global Research projects
? Contribute to development of internal and/or external communication pertaining to CART, as appropriate.
• BA/BS required; MBA/PhD or other graduate degree preferred
• 15 years industry experience preferable in Pricing / Access in European / Ex-US markets with specific oncology expertise or other innovative complex treatments.
• Experience in hematology (preferred)/oncology P&MA across early stage, launch and post launch products
• Understanding clinical endpoints and experience in informing clinical trial designs to ensure payer requirements are met
• Deep understanding of EU 5 pricing and reimbursement systems and experience in creating innovative payment models
• Demonstrated track record and competency in early drug development, clinical trials acumen, product knowledge, therapeutic knowledge, situational analysis, value proposition development and messaging
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and align and engage stakeholders to drive performance
• Demonstrated initiative, creativity, and adaptability in a complex, rapidly changing environments
• Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams, synthesizing diverse perspectives into cohesive, aligned recommendation/deliverables, managing dissension along the way and championing team recommendation across functional areas
• Experience in delivering complex messages to various internal and external customers with a track record of effective and influential presentations
• Strong project/process management skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
• Ability to demonstrate Celgene Corporate Values through passion for the patient, courage to face our challenges and the unknown, trust in our words and our actions and excellence in delivering exceptional results
• Has strong influencing/negotiation skills and the ability to work at peer-level with experienced technical and commercial experts in other departments
• Displays business confidence to constructively challenge marketing, regulatory and clinical colleagues
• Has excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex or technical content in a convincing way to non-technical audiences.
• Is a flexible team member with a positive attitude and the ability to prioritize projects
• Is experienced and adept at navigating international, multi-lingual, and cross-functional organizational matrices within a diverse and cross-cultural work environment
• Is experienced in managing multiple projects simultaneously and delivering results in a timely manner
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.