At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a in , you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. IT provides support and solutions globally, solves complex operational and business challenges, enables innovation and increases growth by bridging Information Technology and science with superior technical expertise.
The AstraZeneca Frederick Manufacturing Center is the largest biologics manufacturing facility within the company’s global network, and a worldwide industry leader in cell culture manufacturing. The facility is an FDA licensed, large-scale cell culture production facility.
This position will join the Customer Facing IT (CFIT) Team at the AstraZeneca Frederick Manufacturing Center. The CFIT Team is accountable for the services provided by the AstraZeneca IT (AZ IT) organization to the facility.
The expectations for the role include:
- The role will be located in Frederick, MD, supporting key stakeholders across the business at the site, primarily focused (but not limited) to Manufacturing and Supply Chain.
- Understand business processes and systems relating to the delivery of global and local business processes and systems at the Frederick Manufacturing Center.
- Understand the business needs and document the business and system requirements that address these needs on projects and / or small initiatives.
- Ensure that the solutions developed satisfy the needs of the business.
- Ensure that the business extracts full business value from IT Systems.
- Assist change management activities to ensure that there in a strong connection between people, processes, and technology.
- Use key site specific knowledge to remove roadblocks in the delivery of enterprise projects and / or smaller initiatives.
- Manage delivery of small ‘business as usual’ activities and ‘last mile delivery’ of larger initiatives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Take the lead on business analyst activities, primarily focused on Manufacturing and Supply Chain processes and systems.
- Define and draft scope and system requirements and ensure that requirements are effectively implemented, tested, and meet business needs.
- Liaise between the IT team and the business to agree on scope and requirements.
- Build strong strategic relationships with key stakeholders to understand demand and expectations to drive project delivery.
- Understand the landscape and operating model for the delivery of AZ IT solutions at the site.
- Become an expert on how the business processes utilize existing IT solutions and facilitate implementation of new business processes and system modifications to simplify operations.
- Proactively identify opportunities for IT to deliver innovative solutions to the business.
- Work collaboratively with:
1. Business SMEs to identify, verify and document functional and technical requirements using requirements management methodology (including Agile Delivery) and tools.
2. Capability and Architecture Leads to ensure appropriate translation of business requirements into technical design.
3. Business Process owners to facilitate implementation of new business processes and modifications to systems in support of business processes.
Additionally, as required, the role will be required to manage stakeholders in a Business Relationship Manager capacity. In this instance, the following focus will also be required:
- Support customers to identify how IT can improve business performance through new ways of working and investment.
- Develop business cases to support the value proposition for new business demand.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.