If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Senior Automation Engineer in Boulder, CO, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
~bsp Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Automation Engineer will start in January 2017.
You will work with manufacturing, quality, validation, and other Engineering Operations groups to define, commission, validate, license, maintain, and support the facility's automation systems. You will support existing and new PLC, SCADA and BMS applications and systems. You will be responsible for supporting
operator interface systems and application programming. Troubleshoot automation systems, ladder logic programming and SCADA systems. Forecast project requirements including budgetary requirements. In addition, you will have project management as well as technical contributor roles for department and small-cap projects. You will have functional and team leadership roles in projects and initiatives. Participate in global automation teams. Implement and maintain governing cGMP procedures. Ensure training of automation contractors to assure up-to-date knowledge of practices and procedures.
The Senior Automation Engineer independently plans, designs, and executes projects that are complex and scientifically demanding. You will be expected to work independently or in collaboration with others. Excellent written communication skills are essential.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or related Engineering Field
- Ten years of experience in a cGMP or other regulated industry
- Advanced experience and training on PLC systems and HMIs with emphasis on Rockwell Automation and Intellution iFIX
- Control Network Design, Implementation and Maintenance -- Remote I/O, DH+, Device Net, ControlNet and Ethernet I/P
- Development and programming of PLC software and loop tuning
- Implementation and maintenance of software change control and backup systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent Good Documentation Practices
- Proficient in computer skills and MS Office applications
- Assist/Lead training and development of other facility departments in automation disciplines
- Willing and able to participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- Experience in large scale biopharmaceutical production
- Advanced working knowledge of electrical theory and its applications
- Experience with motor controls and variable frequency drive control
- Working knowledge of FDA 21 CFR Part 11 for Data Integrity and Electronic Signatures
- Experience with GMP computer system validation, change control, and nonconformance investigations
- Experience with the administration or development of Data Historians such as OSI PI
- Experience participating in or leading nonconformance investigations and inspections
- Working experience with Andover BMS
- Experience with Virtualization Technology & Virtual Machine Software
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law