If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Senior Administrative Assistant/Coordinator in Gaithersburg, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent. Main Duties and Responsibilities
As the Sr. Administrative Assistant/Coordinator, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the VP Global Business Planning & Operations (GBPO) and their senior staff as well as coordinate projects. This includes exercising independent judgment in determining priorities related to managing calendars, meeting and travel schedules, routine reporting, projects and correspondence. As a coordinator, this position may also provide assistance to other members of the Gaithersburg and Cambridge UK teams including tracking of projects, budgets, timelines, and metrics, generating reports and internal / external correspondence as assigned.
- For several GBPO functional leaders (including VP and directors) manage complex calendars to schedule meetings, conference calls, videoconferences and special events; prioritize calendar conflicts
- Handle telephone calls, mail disposition, multi-location domestic and international travel arrangements as well as live and virtual meetings/conferences
- File expense reports and supply orders with accuracy and efficiency for team members, including follow-through to ensure that appropriate and timely actions are taken
- Effectively coordinate and collaborate with other Administrative Assistants within MedImmune and AstraZeneca on cross-functional and cross-organizational meetings / events / processes, including across multiple international time zones
- Establish and maintain a robust professional network across administrative teams in the US and Cambridge to facilitate effective working
- Develop and maintain databases and paper/e-filing systems to ensure organization of data and information critical to the organization
- Track and support assigned internal projects and processes, such as employee recognition program and recruitment tracking; generate reports from various internal systems under tight time constraints
- Track and support assigned external obligations including the WuXi & MedImmune Joint Venture Board
- Track FTE hiring / departure, temp hiring / departure against approved budget targets
- Manage/Have ownership of team website to update content on a regular basis
- Prepare and edit correspondence and general communications for supervisor review
- Produce accurate and properly formatted documents using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Effectively manage special projects and other duties as assigned
- Simplify onboarding procedures for new hires and recruitment
- Coordinate department trainings, offsite events for leadership teams, and all hands meetings
- High School Diploma
- 5+ years of administrative experience
- Prior experience supporting multiple functional leaders
- Training in administrative course, multitasking, certifications in software, and/or time management
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Sharepoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact confidently with executives and employees at all levels
- Able to prioritize time sensitive assignments
- Skilled at meeting logistics including negotiating logistics as needed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Should be able to work autonomously
- Able to handle last minute changes with composure and confidence
- Flexible/resourceful to adapt to ever changing needs and deadlines
- Must be able to multitask effectively
- Must be efficient in supporting staff with software updates
- Strong time management skills
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.