Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, atopic dermatitis, pain, and infectious diseases.
Working as a member of the Target Information Group and utilizing expertise in immunology and genetic/genomic analysis, conduct in-depth analysis of protein targets and/or target families such as assessing gene expression, protein structure/function, and biological/medical relevance. Investigations may include the analysis of large data sets from human and mouse studies directed to understanding the molecular basis of human disease. The ideal candidate will be responsible for searching, assembling and translating the biology and genetics of target-disease associations and providing an assessment of the strengths and weakness of different analytical methods and individual studies.
The duties of this position will involve working closely with members of each of the Regeneron Therapeutic Focus Areas (TFA's) to identify and evaluate specific target(s) and disease indications and to deliver in a timely fashion, a balanced analysis for each topic which may require consultations with internal and external experts in multiple therapeutic areas.
While the analysis may vary between TFA's, reports generated by the Target Information Group shall include; a detailed review of all relevant publications; genomic and gene expression analysis, identification of trends in research, preclinical, and clinical activities in academia/industry on the target/therapeutic areas; review of patent landscape around targets and the analysis of new therapeutic opportunities surrounding novel drug candidates or disease mechanisms.
Importantly, the information is to be translated directly to TFA groups, as well as to internal knowledge base resources for archiving and sharing across research and development groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Reviews and evaluates targets, opportunities and potential strategies for early and late stage drug development across a wide range of therapeutic areas.
* Writes summary reports and presents reviews and recommendations to research teams and management.
* Contributes to the development and optimization of knowledge base intranet resources and facilitate archiving, sharing and leveraging of development program review information.
* Participates in complex biological evaluations, detailed genomic database and literature reviews and consultations with experts in multiple therapeutic areas.
* Analyzes development opportunities from the research perspective across a wide range of therapeutic areas.
Must have demonstrated the ability to identify key information sources and analyze public literature, the ability to mine gene, protein, patent and proprietary databases and to prepare concise summaries on a range of topics. Must remain flexible in taking on new tasks and establish credibility and rapport as well as communicate effectively with research colleagues and senior management. Experience working with cross-functional teams or in a matrix environment is highly desired.
* Immunology and/or Infectious Disease Required
* Bioinformatics/System Biology and/or Database Mining
* Antibody/ Recombinant Protein Therapeutics