SutroVax is an independent vaccine platform and development company whose mission is to deliver best-in-class conjugate vaccines and novel complex antigen-based vaccines to prevent deadly infectious diseases. The company is leveraging its exclusive license to Sutro Biopharma’s Xpress CF TM platform to perform cell-free (CF) protein synthesis and site-specific conjugation for the field of vaccines.
SutroVax is looking for an energetic and talented individual to join our Development team. The candidate will independently develop analytical methods (including but not limited to: different modes of chromatography, spectroscopic, colorimetric and light-scattering technique) and perform sample testing to support development of protein and conjugate vaccine targets. The successful candidate will also provide scientific mentorship and technical guidance for junior colleagues in analytical method development. Additional responsibility will also include analytical data review, authorship of protocols and reports, coordination and oversight during assay transfer between our company and external partner groups.
Skills, knowledge, and experience:
• PhD in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry preferred, Organic / Biochemistry considered, with 3+ years relevant industry experience; MS or BS with 10+ years of industry experience; (Pharma / Biotech / Analytical Testing) required
• Ideal candidate will have a strong background in analytical chemistry principles and extensive hands-on experience with modern analytical instrumentations commonly used in the analysis and characterization of biologics and small molecule drug candidates
• Direct experience operating Agilent HPLC using OpenLab/Chemstation software and/or Waters UPLC and Empower software for data acquisition and analysis
• Experience working in a regulated (GLP / GMP) environment
• Solid understanding of relevant FDA, EU, and ICH regulatory guidelines and pharmacopeia as applicable to analytical method development and qualification/validation for small molecules, biologics and vaccines
• Attention to detail and excellent skills in record keeping / documentation
• Extensive technical writing experience in drafting method protocols, SOPs and reports
• Project management skills including the ability to manage one’s project resource requirements (material, manpower, time, etc.), and ability to elevate relevant issues to project lead and line-management.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written formats
• Self-starter; ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment and collaborate effectively with other team members
Reports to: Associate Director, Development
Location: Foster City, CA
The compensation package will be competitive and includes comprehensive benefits and an equity component.