Harpoon Therapeutics is a startup biotechnology company located in Brisbane, CA. We are focused on the development of novel immune cell engging therapeutics for oncology indications. We are looking for a motivated, flexible, highly productive individual, who is seeking a dynamic fast-paced cross-functional collaborative research environment. As an integral member of the Protein Science group, this individual will be primarily engaged in purification and analysis of proteins.
- Buffer and sample preparation, execution of multi-step protein purification by diverse chromatographies using AKTA Unicorn-based methods
- SDS-PAGE, spectrometry, HPLC analysis of purified proteins
- Protein chemistry, conjugation, and validation of reagent molecules for assays
- Materials management and database maintenance
- Most qualified candidates could engage in HPLC, Light scattering and Fluorescence-based experiments to evaluate protein stability to aid in selection of the best therapeutic molecules.
- May include some mammalian cell culture, transient or stable expression of proteins and titer qualification: SDS-PAGE, Western blot, Octet-based methods.
- Maintain records, prepare reports, make regular presentations to summarize results and update management.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Training in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related fields, with a Bachelors + 3-5 years’ or a Masters + 1-3 years’ relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in routine protein chemistry including purification and conjugation. Some analytical HPLC experience desired, Agilent systems preferred.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture toward protein expression highly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude for learning new laboratory techniques and handling diverse tasks concurrently.
- Ability to work independently or with limited direct supervision.
Please reference Job#HT17-001