aTyr Pharma is engaged in the discovery and clinical development of innovative medicines for patients suffering from severe rare diseases using its knowledge of Physiocrine biology, a newly discovered set of physiological modulators. The Company's lead candidate, ResolarisTM, is a first-in-class intravenous protein therapeutic for the treatment of rare myopathies with an immune component. ResolarisTM is currently in a Phase 1b/2 clinical trial in adult patients with facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FSHD); a Phase 1b/2 trial in adult patients with Limb-girdle muscular dystrophy 2B (LGMD2B or dysferlinopathies) or FSHD; and a Phase 1b/2 trial in patients with an early onset form of FSHD. To protect this pipeline, aTyr built an intellectual property estate comprising over 70 issued or allowed patents and over 240 pending patent applications that are solely owned or exclusively licensed by aTyr. aTyr's key programs are currently focused on severe, rare diseases characterized by immune dysregulation for which there are currently limited or no treatment options. aTyr is publicly traded on Nasdaq under the symbol “LIFE”. For more information, please visit http://www.atyrpharma.com.
Patients and their challenges provide tremendous drive and meaning to what we do at aTyr. We seek a talented and successful individual that deeply desires to participate in our process to make medicines that change a patient’s life forever. The successful candidate will play an important role in the advancement of current Physiocrine leads into clinical development.
We are currently seeking a Scientist, Protein Purification/Process Development to join the Process Sciences team. In this role, the successful candidate will play an important role in the development and execution of protein purification processes, and contribute to technology transfer and manufacturing at contract manufacturing organizations.
• PhD in Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field with ~1-5 years of industry experience
• Experience in developing protein purification processes utilizing chromatography and filtration based technologies
• Ability to apply scientific principles and new methodologies to process development and solve problems
• Proficient with ÄKTATM chromatography systems and UNICORNTM software
• Experience in development and manufacturing of protein therapeutics from mammalian and/or microbial expression systems
• Experience in protein quantification and characterization
• Knowledge of cGMP and regulatory guidance related to biologics manufacturing and controls
• Extremely detail-oriented, thorough, and diligent in experimental design, data analysis and review
• High level of motivation, initiative and creativity
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to execute on multiple projects in parallel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Work well in dynamic, high energy, fast-paced team and collaborate with cross-functional groups
Further Recruiting Information
For additional information about aTyr Pharma, please visit our website at www.atyrpharma.com.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, aTyr Pharma also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) matching contribution.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job 103DL to firstname.lastname@example.org. aTyr Pharma, Inc. is an EEO employer.