A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact. All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Department Marketing Statement The Pfizer Inflammation & Immunology (I&I) research unit aims to develop novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. The successful candidate for this position will conduct pharmacology studies using in vivo animal model studies, ex vivo sample analysis and in vitro assays. The position is based in Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA but may require supporting studies at other Pfizer's sites as necessary. Job Focus Highly motivated individual to work in a challenging environment within the preclinical pharmacology group. As part of this team, this person will be supporting in vivo studies and analyzing samples obtained from these studies. Responsible for conducting and managing in vivo studies to determine the efficacy of both small molecule and biotherapeutic approaches. The evaluation and development of new technologies, biomarkers and in vivo models are key components of this position. Any background and knowledge in immunology is a plus for this position.
* Plan and conduct of experiments in vivo studies in support of Inflammation & Immunology therapeutic portfolio
* Formulation of compounds and administration of drugs and experimental compounds by various routes
* Collection of blood and various tissues
* Abiliy to learn and conduct other animal-related techniques
* Ex vivo analysis of animal samples
* Maintaing well-organized records and documentation Data entry and analysis