Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immune-oncology protein therapeutics for patients with serious unmet medical needs. Five Prime has entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies and has promising product candidates in clinical and preclinical development.
We currently have three protein therapeutics in clinical trials:
- FPA008 – a monoclonal antibody that inhibits the CSF-1 receptor and is being studied in multiple tumor settings and pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS)
- FPA144 – a monoclonal antibody targeting FGFR2b for selected gastric cancers
- FP1039 – a FGF ligand trap for mesothelioma
On the strength of our unique discovery platform and capabilities, we have entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies. We currently have three active research collaborations with Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline and UCB Pharma, S.A.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. These values are reflected in our people and our products. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. Discover more about Five Prime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking a talented immunologist with an emphasis on in vivo modeling and mechanism of action studies focused on immune mediated approaches to treat cancer. The candidate will have high level expertise in immunology and a significant understanding of oncology and will help guide discovery and development of novel protein therapeutics to treat cancer using FivePrime’s powerful drug discovery platforms. This individual will apply their deep understanding of immunology and the pathogenesis of oncology to guide innovative in vivo approaches to support emerging target candidates and target leads, and provide input and support in the preclinical and early clinical development of these new therapies.
The focus of this position is to develop and manage supportive in vivo studies including hands-on studies, and managing staff, with in vivo models of disease. It is expected they will already have significant training and skill with in vivo models and their relevance to human disease. In addition, this person will be part of a team that interacts with several other functional team members participating in the research and development process. This position reports to the Director of Pharmacology, and will contribute to programs and projects across a matrixed environment.
Education and Experience:
- Ph.D. in immunology and preferably focused on tumor immunology
- 8+ years of direct experience working with the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Expertise in immunology
- Competent with multiple in vivo approaches to elucidate the mechanisms of drugs aimed at modulation of the immune system
- Experience with mouse models of oncology including subcutaneous and orthotopic xenografts, syngeneic, and leukemia models
- With notable publications and achievements within immunology
- Ability to independently design, conduct, interpret, and communicate results related to in vivo studies aimed at validating clinical leads in our pipeline
- direct experience working with the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Must have experience with flow cytometry. Demonstrated experience with characterization of immune cell populations in tumors by FACS is desired.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex concepts and strategies.
- Must have demonstrated leadership and critical thinking skills.
- Expertise in drug discovery and development with protein-based therapeutics including monoclonal antibodies is highly desired.
- Experience with translational biology and/or early development of drug discovery programs is strongly desired.
Please complete an online application here: