BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Scientist III to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
The Scientist 3 will develop new analytical methods and provide technical assistance for development projects and support commercial product manufacturing. This role will also be responsible for initiating, directing, and executing scientific research, while maintaining a broad knowledge of analytical techniques.
• Provide technical and analytical assistance to support new product development and manufacture of commercial products
• Develop, evaluate (qualify/validate) new analytical methods
• Design, execute and interpret experimental results. Critically evaluate the experimental results of all group members.
• Summarize findings for internal distribution/presentation (e.g. slide presentations, reports).
• Summarize findings in presentations, technical reports, and manuscripts for external distribution and/or presentation.
• Write documents for regulatory submissions and/or review (e.g. INDs, NDAs, SOPs, STMs, batch records, qualification and validation protocols and reports).
• Represent department at project team meetings.
• Provide team leadership. Coordinate project goals and tasks. Act as liaison with corporate partners.
• Maintain high level of technical knowledge in areas of responsibility.
• Maintain good working knowledge of the use, maintenance and repair of laboratory and manufacturing equipment.
• Supervise less experienced team members, where appropriate.
• Apply the knowledge, skills and experience obtained to increase efficiency in solving new problems.
• Provide training and technical assistance to less experienced lab personnel.
• Comply with cGMPs where appropriate.
• Maintain cooperative working relationships with other departments (e.g. QC, QA, Formulation, process development).
• Maintain good documentation and exercise clear, concise communication skills.
• PhD in relevant field of study (e.g. analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, pharmacy, etc.) required.
• At least 5 years of experience in Pharmaceutical and Biotech industry required.
• Extensive knowledge of analytical techniques utilized in Pharmaceutical and Biotech industry a must. Experience in developing In Vitro Assays a plus
**If interested, please submit your resume as a Word Doc. to Roger@biophaseinc.com