If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions -- join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Scientist II in Gaithersburg, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will lead analytical method development, optimization and testing to progress development of therapeutic proteins, as well as represent the analytical development group on analytical method transfer and validation teams at commercial QC lab. You will design and execute detailed characterization of protein products, including product variant isolation / enrichment and characterization, identification of protein degradation pathways, structure-functional analysis, and determination of critical quality attributes, make detailed experimental observations, review and analyze data, and interpret experimental results.
In addition, you will Author technical report and regulatory filings for clinical trials and marketing applications, work with CMC team to support manufacturing process and formulation development, and present scientific data to both internal audiences within the company and external scientific colleagues. Finally, you will follow SOPs, policies, and regulations, and to perform routine lab equipment maintenance.
* Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related field with three to seven years of industry experience
* MS degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related field with six to eight years of industry experience
* Experience in an industrial analytical lab working with therapeutic proteins
* Strong understanding of biochemistry and protein chemistry
* Experience in chromatography and electrophoresis method development for protein analysis (e.g. using RPHPLC, IEC, HIC, capillary electrophoresis)
* Experience in the design and execution of protein structure/function studies
* Analytical method tech transfer, qualification and validation experience
* Strong background in analytical experience across CMC with significant late-stage CMC and BLA-authoring experienceDesirable Requirements
* Ability to work in a matrix structure and interface with different groups within Research, Development and Operations
* Possess excellent verbal and written skills
* Effective and collaborative cross-functional team member in a fast-paced goal-oriented environment
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.