Location:Mountain View, United StatesJob reference:
Sep. 16, 2016
If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions -- join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Scientist I in Mountain View, CA, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will provide bioanalytical support to pre-clinical and clinical development of biopharmaceuticals. You will be responsible for characterization of receptor-mediated internalization and trafficking to support PK-PD modeling, dose projection and mechanism of drug action. You will utilize state-of-the art confocal fluorescent imaging instrumentation and develop cell-based assays and quantitative image analysis algorithms. You will also be involved in development, validation and execution of cell-based and biochemical assays for evaluation of pharmacodynamics (PD) activity and detection of neutralizing anti-drug antibodies (Nab) to support programs. You will be a key person for fluorescence microscopy, imaging flow cytometry and quantitative image analysis.
* Ph.D. in bioengineering, cell biology, immunology, or a related field of biological sciences with zero to three years of relevant experience, or Master's Degree in biological science, bioengineering or related field with a minimum of eight to ten years of relevant experience
* Function as key person for fluorescent confocal microscopy and imaging flow cytometry
* Develop and perform image-based fluorescence microscopy or imaging flow cytometry cellular assays for measurement of pharmacodynamics biomarkers and characterization of receptor-mediated internalization
* Develop/utilize image-analysis algorithms and set up data storage systems
* Develop, validate and implement cell-based and immunoassays for biomarkers and neutralizing anti-drug antibodies in biological matrices
* Write method procedures and research reports for non-GLP programs and Validation protocols, Validation reports and Standard Operating Procedures for GLP-related work
* Conduct bioanalytical sample analysis and data review in support of pharmacology, toxicology and clinical studies in a GLP-compliant laboratory
* Utilize multiple technology platforms including FACS, Fluorescence microscopy, imaging flow cytometry, Luminex, MSD and colorimetric or luminescent plate readers * Demonstrate excellence in bioanalytical field by presenting at external scientific conferences and publishing in peer-reviewed journals
*Strong background in confocal fluorescence microscopy and state-of-the art instrumentation
* Extensive experience in high content image analysis and 3D rendering. Imaging flow cytometry (Amnis)
* Experience cell-based assay and immunoassay
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Ability to work in GLP environment
* Excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills
* Ability to prioritize projects and time to meet project timelines in a fast-paced team environment
* Track record for publications in peer reviewed journals
* Must be motivated and capable of working independently as well as collaboratively
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law