Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (AGTC) is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to developing novel gene therapies for ophthalmic and respiratory-based diseases. AGTC has multiple candidate gene therapeutics in or entering human clinical trials and is seeking a full-time Scientist for Early Upstream Process Development activities.
• The Scientist, Early Upstream Process Development will report directly to the Executive Director, Process Development
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following.
• Independently plan and execute experimental protocols
• Cell line optimization, adaptation, screening, selection and characterization for AAV production
• Evaluation of media formulations and process conditions on viral vector production and quality
• Apply statistical analyses to experimental design and data sets
• Document research with SOPs and internal reports as appropriate
• Manage a team of 2-4 Research Associates or Scientitsts
• Represent the company at scientific meetings and present data where applicable
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements.
• A Ph.D. in a biological science or engineering with 5-10 years of experience in an academic or industrial setting
• Extensive hands-on mammalian cell culture experience in the production of biologics, preferably in both adherent and suspension formats
• Strong molecular biological skills encompassing protein, RNA and DNA analyses by conventional and/or advanced techniques
• Ability to identify and adapt new technologies to the production and characterization of viral vectors
• Previous experience with viral vaccines, viruses or viral vectors is highly desired
AGTC offers a competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, including salary, benefits, and company equity. AGTC is an EOE and maintains a drug-free workplace.