aTyr Pharma is engaged in the discovery and clinical development of innovative medicines for patients suffering from severe rare diseases using its knowledge of Physiocrine biology, a newly discovered set of physiological modulators. The Company's lead candidate, Resolaris, is a first-in-class intravenous protein therapeutic for the treatment of rare myopathies with an immune component. Resolaris is currently in a Phase 1b/2 clinical trial in adult patients with facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FSHD); a Phase 1b/2 trial in adult patients with Limb-girdle muscular dystrophy 2B (LGMD2B or dysferlinopathies) or FSHD; and a Phase 1b/2 trial in patients with an early onset form of FSHD. To protect this pipeline, aTyr built an intellectual property estate comprising over 70 issued or allowed patents and over 240 pending patent applications that are solely owned or exclusively licensed by aTyr. aTyr's key programs are currently focused on severe, rare diseases characterized by immune dysregulation for which there are currently limited or no treatment options. aTyr is publicly traded on Nasdaq under the symbol “LIFE”. For more information, please visit http://www.atyrpharma.com.
Patients and their challenges provide tremendous drive and meaning to what we do at aTyr. We seek a talented and successful individual that deeply desires to participate in our process to make medicines that change a patient’s life forever.
This position is within the Discovery Biology Research team, which is responsible for discovering and characterizing the biology of Physiocrines, as well as generating and optimizing Physiocrine-based biotherapeutics from lead generation to lead optimization and preclinical development.
We are seeking a creative and highly motivated Scientist to join our talented multidisciplinary team and lead a group dedicated to molecular biology and protein engineering efforts. This team will be responsible for design of engineered proteins, generation of expression vectors, transient expression of proteins in mammalian cell systems and optimization of expression conditions, as well as small-scale purification of proteins and antibodies for protein engineering and structure/function analysis. In addition, the group will be responsible for characterizing biopharmaceutical properties using biochemical, analytical and biophysical techniques.
You will be a key member of our Discovery research team, providing cutting-edge scientific leadership to projects, setting strategic directions and presenting to internal scientific teams, decision making committees and external audiences. Individuals within Discovery Biology are expected to engage in cross-disciplinary efforts across discovery and development, you should possess core expertise and skills in molecular biology, protein and antibody discovery research that can be leveraged to lead and influence all levels of scientists.
Experience and Education Requirements
• Ph.D in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or a related field
• At least 5 years of additional experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotech Industry post education
• Strong expertise and a proven track record in molecular biology and protein/antibody discovery and engineering
• Strong experience and successful track record in leading projects or discovery efforts
• The ability and enthusiasm to learn new techniques and apply them carefully to solve biological problems
• Strong background on using, optimizing, and productively applying complex technologies
• Track record of scientific success demonstrated by authorship on publications and/ or patents in notable journals
• Capability of independently designing experiments, generating data, interpreting results and documenting work
• Excellent team building and teamwork skills and ability to interact with and manage scientific staff, project teams, outside collaborators and commercial vendors
• Effective oral and written communication skills, self-management, prioritization, task planning and organization skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills demonstrated in a team environment
Further Recruiting Information
For additional information about aTyr Pharma, please visit our website at www.atyrpharma.com.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, aTyr Pharma also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) matching contribution.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job (102LG) to firstname.lastname@example.org. aTyr Pharma, Inc. is an EEO employer.