ORIC Pharmaceuticals is a privately-held company dedicated to discovering and developing novel therapies for treatment-resistant cancers. While recent advances with targeted therapeutics have extended prognoses in many disease settings, cancers often develop resistance to current drugs and relapsed patients lack further treatment options. The company has assembled a world-class scientific team dedicated to the discovery of therapies that can meaningfully improve clinical outcomes for these patients. ORIC was founded by two world-class experts in oncology who have strong records of discovering innovative treatments and targets in cancer, and the scientific team is executing multiple drug discovery strategies targeting the mechanisms that allow tumors to become resistant to current therapies. The company is supported by investors with extensive experience in both drug development and the financing of life science companies and is located in South San Francisco, CA.
The Scientist will conduct research to identify and validate novel therapeutic targets involved in therapeutic resistance in cancer. This role will contribute to drug discovery efforts by providing cell biology expertise, identifying relevant PD markers and contributing to the development of cell based assays for compound screening.
• In depth characterization of biological functions of existing targets and their role in drug resistance
• Identification and validation of novel targets using CRISPR and RNAi-based approaches
• Contribute to identification of PD and diagnostic biomarkers
• Contribute to building a culture that embraces continuous learning, improvement and innovation, and encourages team members to expand their technical skill base and deepen their disease biology expertise
• Ph.D. in Biology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or a related field is required with 3-6 years of relevant post-doctoral research experience.
• In depth knowledge of cancer biology and hands on experience in the areas of molecular biology, cancer cell biology, signal transduction and cell cycle regulation.
• A strong track record of research productivity demonstrated by a strong publication record in high impact journals.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills are essential.
• Familiarity with drug discovery and development is preferred.