BlueRock Therapeutics is a next-generation regenerative medicine company focused on breakthrough treatments and new horizons in medicine. BlueRock Therapeutics’ platform is based on state of the art pluripotent stem cell engineering tools and expansion technology. The company represents a strategic partnership between Bayer and Versant Ventures, and has been granted access to one of the largest-ever Series A financings in biotech.
Our vision at BlueRock is to cure cardiovascular, neurologic and other diseases with significant unmet need and diminished self-repair potential. Our platform is enabled by strategic partnerships with leading academic and industry collaborators in the U.S., Canada and Japan.
BlueRock`s ambition is to have an R&D team of dynamic and highly engaged top scientists who are inspired to take project ownership and further develop themselves in one of the most rapidly growing scientific fields. At BlueRock we value open communication, collaboration and a positive and fun working environment in which both individual and team contributions are recognized. Our world-class management team is committed to fostering the growth and career development of employees.
The New York, USA operation is initiating its hiring plan, and a key piece of the research team to be hired is that of a Scientist, CNS Stem Cell Biology. Reporting to the Director, this early position will contribute to the research program, facility design and outfitting, and play a strong role in recruitment of a new scientific team. This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented scientist to contribute to bringing a new class of medicines to patients and gain valuable career experience in translational medicine.
• Contribute to CNS research direction, and bioprocessing teams and programs, from concept into the clinic
• Publish and establish visibility as a strong investigator in the CNS cell biology translational medicine field
• Contribute to key collaborative research programs
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of BlueRock’s high profile international scientific visibility
• Attend and present corporate/scientific information at appropriate and relevant conferences and symposia
• 1-5+ years of scientific leadership and mentoring in the therapeutic CNS stem cell biology industry
• Proven ability to lead teams by example and promote company culture
• Strong supervisory skills in oversight of BlueRock’s technical staff
• Strong cellular biology, proven and contemporary molecular biology and gene editing technologies
• Hands-on experience and technology expertise on CNS differentiation protocols
• Extremely effective communicator and leader with excellent organization skills
• Proven ability to champion and advance innovative concepts
• Motivated to build a culture of innovation with aspirations to develop products that will change the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society
BlueRock Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. BlueRock welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.