A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact. All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The qualified candidate will operate within the Pharmacokinetics, Dynamics and Metabolism (PDM) group in a project team setting providing immuno-analytical support to multiple therapeutic areas. This candidate will be responsible for the development and validation of ligand binding assays to support early clinical trials (GCLP), and the development and application of quantitative and qualitative soluble-biomarker assays for the characterization, translation and execution of Research Unit projects.
* Responsibilities include the quantitative and qualitative analysis of novel biomarkers utilizing immunoassay techniques. Successful job performance includes development, characterization, & implementation of appropriate ligand binding assay techniques supporting the quantitation of biomarker species.
* Routine use of liquid handling systems, various immunoanalytical platforms (Victor, Molecular Devices, MSD, Singulex, Li-Cor etc), and Watson LIMS are required. Position requires expertise in biological sample handling and preparation.
* Role includes planning of laboratory activities with key stakeholders and senior leaders, understanding and influencing therapeutic area biomarker strategies to use biomarkers in scientific decision-making.
* Successful performance includes participation in all phases of bioanalytical laboratory operations including technology evaluations, the development of sample preparation, separation and detection methods, data analysis, interpretation, reporting and follow up discussions with the project teams on utilizing the data in appropriate decision making.
* Proactively gathers input from colleagues, teams & management to avoid/address issues at functional level and participates on cross discipline matrix teams
* Excellent oral/written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to clearly & concisely communicate bioanalytical information (including Q&A)
* Understanding of fit-for-purpose assay development and support. Ability to effectively balance assay rigor against resource needs and study goals Knowledge and understanding of GLP/GCP guidance for execution of preclinical and clinical studies supporting NCE's
Bachelor degree or Master Degree in relevant scientific field with 3-8 years of experience
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.