Seeking a motivated Scientist to work with the translational development team by independently contributing to the development and execution of laboratory experiments to understand the activity of small molecule drugs targeting novel cancer targets and identification of predictive markers of response or resistance. The successful candidate will have solid technical experience and enthusiasm for working with cross-functional teams and project teams to support preclinical and clinical programs to develop new anticancer drugs.
* Execute experiments independently
* Troubleshoot, interpret, and discuss data
* Train other research associates and scientists in lab assays of expertise
* Understand the context, impact and timely communication of data.
* Search literature for targeted information.
* Understand and execute on role tasks.
* Actively participate in the development of cell-based assays for mechanistic studies, including biomarker work
* Perform molecular, biochemical, and cell biological techniques such as cell culture, immunofluorescence, immunoprecipitation, western blot, RNA preparation and mammalian cell transfections.
* Perform a wide range of assigned research experiments with efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail
* Meticulous record keeping
* Willingly share information and resources
* Cultivate positive and productive working relationships with colleagues
* Interact with manager and project team to review data and plan next steps
* Prepare and present work at group meetings
* Flexible to changing priorities within the group
* Respectful of laboratory safety policies and practices
* Provides input into experimental designs
* Implement and validate protocols as needed
* Bachelor’s degree in the Life Sciences field a must
* 8+ years industry experience in relevant molecular research
* Master’s degree with 3+ years of additional experience in a research environment desired
* Solid understanding of scientific mechanisms and experimental techniques, with knowledge of cancer cell biology preferable
* Proficient with laboratory procedures and instrumentation, including cell culture, basic cellular assays (e.g. proliferation/apoptosis), immunofluorescence, western blot, RT-PCR.
* Must be willing to work with a team striving for aggressive goals
* Must be independent, detail oriented, well organized, and enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
* Able to independently design experiments with scientific rationale.
* Able to critically analyze and interpret data.
* Able to identify scientific and technical problems and potential solutions.
* Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently
* Effective team building and teamwork skills and ability to interact with research scientists, project teams, and commercial vendors
* Recognizes risk and develops contingency plans
* Excellent oral and written communication skills