Cortexyme, Inc. is an innovative company developing treatments and diagnostics for Alzheimer’s and other degenerative disorders based on the discovery of a pathogen in the brain of Alzheimer’s patients. Cortexyme, recently closed a Series A financing led by Pfizer with participation from Takeda Ventures and other private investors. We are based in South San Francisco, with lab and offices at J&J Innovation/JLabs along and currently outsource both locally and internationally.
The candidate’s primary responsibility will be to support translational animal model research and biomarker development.
Essential Job Functions:
• Perform research and analysis for markers of pathology in tissue, serum and CSF samples using ELISA, PCR and western blots to support translational studies related to bacterial brain infection in animal models and human samples
• Assist in the development of assays for our novel therapeutic target will be developed and optimized
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• PhD in biological sciences
• 4-10 years laboratory experience
• SDS Page, IP, Western Blot, ELISA, experience working in infectious and/or neurodegenerative disease
• Experience in clinical biomarker development and optimization
• Ability to work independently and as part of the team to execute work with speed and excellence as needed in a start-up environment
• Motivated, responsible and positive attitude
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent organization and reporting skills
• Committed to the values of integrity, accountability, transparency, and scientific rigor
Cortexyme is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.