Role: Scientist - Therapeutic Antibody Discovery and Characterization
Location: Burnaby BC
Amgen is a leading global biotechnology company, with a mission to serve patients around the world. As a science-based, patient-focused organization, we discover and develop innovative therapies to treat serious illnesses. Our medicines have made a dramatic difference in the lives of millions.
Amgen British Columbia, located in Metro Vancouver, Canada, is a research center of excellence focused primarily on the use of XenoMouse® technology for the discovery of fully human therapeutic monoclonal antibodies. This team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced researcher to help us advance our therapeutic antibody discovery efforts.
The incumbent will complement an innovative group with a strong track record of success in pioneering novel antibody-based therapeutics to treat grievous illnesses. The role will be laboratory-based, supporting multiple diverse therapeutic discovery programs, in addition, to bringing forward crucial new concepts and techniques to identify therapeutic candidates with extreme functional design goals.
An essential part of this role is a demonstrated competency with in vitro selection technologies such as Phage display, Yeast display or Mammalian display with fundamental scientific strengths in protein biochemistry, molecular biology and cell biology. This role will also be involved in assay development and design, scientific analysis, problem solving and creativity.
Canadian and international applicants will be considered.
Master's degree and 4 years of scientific experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of scientific experience
- 2+ years' experience in one or more antibody discovery technologies (e.g. hybridoma, phage display, B cell recovery (SLAM), nanoscale screening, gel microdrop, NGS, etc.)
- Assay development to support large molecule screening
- Knowledge of FACS based binding assays and analysis
- 3+ years' relevant post-doctoral research or equivalent industry experience in therapeutic antibody discovery field.
- Proficiency in screening characterization platforms; Biacore, ForteBio, etc.
- Large molecule discovery and development experience
- Demonstrated Group management/leadership experience
- Experience in a working environment requiring strong inter-personal and communication skills across a broad range of audiences including senior scientists and leaders throughout an organization
- A consistent record of scientific achievement including innovation, collaboration and publication.
- Experience in a role requiring strong problem solving and scientific skills
- IP creation
Amgen endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact to make a request and ensure you include the requisition number.
Reasonable accommodations are available, upon request, to facilitate the equal participation of candidates with disabilities, should you be selected for an interview.