Seattle Genetics is looking for a motivated Scientist to work in Analytical Sciences group. The successful candidate will work as part of a productive team to develop immunoassays and reagents used to quantify process-related impurities. This position requires excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to work efficiently with other groups.
- Work as part of a team to develop and qualify robust impurity assays to detect insulin, host cell proteins, residual DNA, protein A , and other process-related impurities
- Work closely with the bioprocess development group to support sample testing and analyze/interpret data
- Perform gel electrophoresis and Western-blot analyses in support of bioprocess development and reagent characterization efforts
- Present data at internal meetings and write technical reports
- PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology or related field with an advanced level of understanding in the field of protein biochemistry
- Proficient in development and execution of robust ELISAs
- Experience in 1-D gel and Western-blot analysis
- Great problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Some industry experience
- Experience developing HCP ELISAs and supporting reagents
- Experience in 2-D gel analysis
- ELISA automation experience
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.