We are seeking a Senior Scientist with a background in Behavioral Neuroscience and significant experience in small molecule drug discovery. The scientist will lead behavioral Pharmacology studies and assay development in support of lead discovery. The preferred candidate will have demonstrated the ability to conduct creative and productive research and will implement in vivo behavioral techniques in a drug discovery environment. A Ph.D. degree in Behavioral Neuroscience or Pharmacology, and a minimum of seven years of industrial research experience are required for this position. Candidates with strong post-doctoral experience in the field of cognitive neuroscience with particular emphasis on learning and memory are preferred for this position. Additional experience in Neuro-rehabilitation (Stroke/TBI) is a plus. We are looking for a team player with a record of contribution to drug discovery, excellent interpersonal skills, and experience in managing and mentoring more junior scientists.
This position offers significant opportunity to develop scientific and managerial skills in a biotechnology environment. The selected candidate will work in a creative, fast-paced environment, interacting with scientists from diversified backgrounds, such as high-throughput drug screening, bioinformatics, molecular Neuroscience and ADMET/PK. The candidate will be required to manage scientific research, implement and maintain plans and strategies to support scientific research, provides scientific expertise, prepare reports and keeps upper-level management informed of progress and problems. He or she will be required to manage a group of Scientists and associate researchers. The position demands team-oriented management of resources and time-dependent experiments. Thus, the candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and must be experienced in contributing to project teams.
• PhD in Behavioral Neuroscience or Pharmacology.
• A minimum of seven years of post-doctoral experience, preferably in an industry setting.
• Hands on experience in assays of cognition with particular emphasis on learning and memory.
• Experience with operant behaviors, including the development of touch-screen based tests of learning and memory in rodents.
• Additional experience with rodent models Neuro-Rehabilitation (stroke/TBI) is desired.
• Experience in translational research with a demonstrated record of contributions to drug discovery.
• Experience in Pharmacodynamic and Pharmacokinetic studies in Rodents.
• Experience working in project teams within the pharmaceutical industry.
• Experience in managing PhD level and associate scientists.
• High level of initiative, independence, and ability to work unsupervised.
• Candidates with a demonstrated background and interests in studies of learning and memory, stroke and neurodegenerative disease are preferred for this position.