Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Scientific Researcher/Sr. Scientific Researcher for Biomarker Mass Spectrometry Lab
We are seeking a highly motivated scientific manager to join the OMNI Biomarker Development group within Development Sciences. Our group is responsible for designing and implementing mass spectrometry-based biomarker assays for programs in clinical development at Genentech in the disease areas of Immunology, Inflammation and Autoimmune Diseases, Ophthalmology, Metabolism, and Neuroscience.
As a member of the biomarker mass spectrometry laboratory, the ideal candidate will assist in coordinating new instrument installation, assess system suitability, perform instrument maintenance, and assist with assay transfer to external research organizations. In addition, the successful candidate will collaborate with Biomarker Development scientists to identify, profile, and quantify biomarkers in preclinical and clinical samples using mass spectrometry. Expertise in developing quantitative mass spectrometry assays, experience in clinical sample processing from biological matrices and a strong analytical background are required. Hands-on experience with small or large molecule sample preparation and LC and MS instrumentation is also required.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following qualifications:
• BS and/or MS in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Biotechnology
• Minimum of two years’ hands-on experience with liquid chromatography and tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) (SCIEX and Thermo instruments), and possession of strong troubleshooting capabilities
• Strong analytical background with fundamentals in quantitative assay development and assay evaluation
• Knowledge of sample preparation techniques for analysis of drugs, biomarkers and other mediators from biological fluids (e.g. plasma, serum, CSF, urine)
• Demonstrated expertise in the quantitative analysis of compounds from biological matrices, especially using HPLC and HPLC-MS techniques
• Experience developing quantitative MS techniques (e.g. SRM, MRM, or HRM (DIA)). Knowledge of targeted-small molecule approaches such as developing multiplexed-MRM assays is a plus
• Experience with standard supportive software such as Skyline, Analyst or MultiQuant
• In addition, the candidate should have excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, be able to work independently as well as in a team environment, and be willing and eager to learn new technologies.
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
No matter who you are or what role you play, you’ll help change the face of medicine and make a real difference in the lives of people facing the most challenging medical conditions. Plus, you’ll thrive in our one-of-a-kind culture, where diversity is celebrated, employees are valued for their contributions and we all serve as advocates for change who continually find ways to do things better.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the Apply button below.
Genentech, a member of the Roche Group, has multiple medicines on the market for cancer and other serious illnesses.
Genentech is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Disability/Veteran