The successful candidate will have deep knowledge of project management for software systems in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech Industry. This will include (1) use-case / requirements gathering from scientific end-users and the ability to translate these requirements to enable Scientific Computing deliver the best solutions possible in the most efficient manner, (2) ability to track requirements and balance resources over multiple simultaneous technical project teams, (3) manage/provide testing, support and training on all systems in the Scientific Computing portfolio (internal and external systems). Additional responsibilities include rationalizing the project portfolio to avoid redundancy and managing external collaborations with 3rd party software providers. The ideal candidate will have a technical background in Software Engineering and Systems Integration.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with Scientist to understand their processes and how to implement solutions to meet their needs.
• Ability to work with multiple scientific end-user groups to reach a consensus on the solutions to be developed or purchased by Scientific Computing. Ability to reach a global consensus with scientific end users regarding project prioritization in the portfolio
• Excellent project management skills for gathering and tracking requirements/use-cases, finding solutions that fit within the existing architecture of the DNS software systems and managing the development or purchase and integration of these solutions in the most time efficient manner.
• Ability to manage / provide training and support for non-technical scientific staff. Ability to manage / provide testing to make sure that all products from Scientific Computing meet the requirements for the scientific workflows / processes including testing of new products and providing feedback to the development teams.
• The ideal candidate will have a technical background with experience in hands-on development of software systems
• Experience in using Agile development processes is highly desirable
• Self-motivated team player able to effectively work with many teams simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills