At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Sale Force Effectiveness Leader in
Wilmington, DE, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. North American Commercial is the ‘face’ of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
Reporting to the Director of Sales Force Effectiveness (SFE), the Sales Force Effectiveness Leader (SFEL) leverages cross functional teams to develop and ensure usage of long term SFE strategy and processes across the organization. In close partnership with Sales Force Operations and Sales Leadership, this individual works to develop coordinated tools to maximize sales force impact. In addition to maximizing SFE, this position is responsible for evaluating and supporting the simplification of internal processes supported by Sales Force Operations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for Optimizing investments in Sales Force Effectiveness by providing actionable insights and recommendations to maximize the value of the sales force
Partner with TA and other cross-functional partners to establish key performance indicators (KPI) of sales force effectiveness and set benchmarks of sales and promotional activity performance and potential upside
Identifies and resolves operational issues, clearly articulating potential recommendations/solutions to key stakeholders and partners
Provide recommendations to field sales management and maximize the effectiveness of reporting tools and their value in territory management decision making
Manage external relationships with vendors, consultants and commercial partners to achieve business objectives
Work closely with Commercial Operations colleagues to ensure consistent direction and support
This Position requires extensive collaboration within Sales Force Operations as well as with cross-functional colleagues in Sales, Marketing, Data Governance, Marketing Operations and IT
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in a relevant field. Advanced Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of Pharma/Biotech/Healthcare commercial experience (Sales, Sales Management, Marketing, Training, etc.) in roles of increasing responsibility with consistent track record of performance
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees including senior management.
- Extensive computer proficiency with desktop software in a Windows environment including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Excellent skills in the following areas: organization, written and verbal communication, accuracy, multi-tasking and personal initiative.
- Strong conceptual thinking/problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic fast paced environment, with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability in taking initiative to proactively evaluate existing sales force operations strategies and processes recommending changes when necessary
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant Sales Force Effectiveness strategies and tactics
- Ability to build and sustain strong relationships that influence without authority
- Experience in managing external partners and vendors
- Forward thinking and able to adapt and flex according to business needs and priorities
- Organization agility: Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills with a strong attention to detail and ability to effectively manage cross-functional projects
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.