Research Specialist Sr-1306758
This person will perform HTS of small molecules and we are looking for someone with Bioanalytical experience. Bachelors or Masters level is preferred. The primary responsibility of this role is to prepare and analyze samples from a range of biological matrices by contemporary LC/MS/MS approaches and state-of-the-art equipment, drawing on routine LC/MS troubleshooting and maintenance as necessary, with an overall goal of generating pharmacokinetic (PK) data critical towards the discovery and preclinical development of novel CNS drug candidates. For drug candidates that have moved into preclinical development, the bioanalytical scientist will be responsible for LC/MS/MS-based toxicokinetic (TK) analysis and subsequent generation of pertinent PK parameters.
* Sample preparation for small molecule analysis from in vitro and in vivo samples
* Performing LC/MS analysis with some method development
* Analysis and interpretation of LC/MS data
* Routine LC/MS maintenance and troubleshooting
* Contributing to reports and data presentations
* LC/MS/MS Experience, method development preferred
* Ability to work independently on routine analysis, with a strong attention to detail
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
* Good organizational skills and record keeping ability
* Expertise with Excel (WinNonLin preferred, but not required)
Perform research of a highly complex nature. Lead research projects and perform near to totally independent research. Exercise discretion and independent judgment to develop design of research to test hypotheses. Devise new or modify existing methods and develop procedures to meet new conditions.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
1. Independently oversee research projects and perform near to totally independent research.
a. Supervise, plan, design and implement research projects
b. Establish protocol(s); define data collection, evaluation and analysis procedures
2. Supervise scientific data collection and analyses for research project(s) requiring independent interpretation of complex research data
3. Exercise discretion and independent judgment to develop methods and procedures for operation of complex scientific equipment
a. Supervise set-up and operation of various scientific experiments involving complex apparatus and equipment
4. Contribute to research so as to merit serving as author or co-author on research publications, etc.
a. Assist principal investigator in preparation of grant applications and contract proposals
b. Present research findings as needed
5. Responsible for plan and coordination of literature and library searches and data collection programs
a. Develop reports of results, graphs, charts, tables, etc. of research findings
b. Supervise writing, reviewing and editing of various materials for publication
6. Provide supervisory responsibility to staff
a. Train and supervise technical staff, medical and graduate students
b. Provide technical guidance to students, post-doctoral fellows and faculty as required
7. Provide budget responsibility
a. Make recommendations to principal investigator regarding staff, supply and equipment needs for research projects
b. May monitor expenditures of funds
8. Maintain open communication between department and others
a. Open contact as needed with principal investigator, collaborating professionals, Purchasing, Human Resource Services, Space and Facilities Planning, asset management personnel, Environmental Health and Safety, Institutional Review Board staff, administrative staff relating to budget capabilities
b. Contact as required with sponsoring agencies and/or cooperating facilities (e.g. V.A.), collaborating professionals and vendors
Job requires Bachelor's and 7 years of experience or the equivalent.
Ctr for Neuroscience Drug Disc 104208