At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
If you are talented scientist interested in working for the company ranked No. 4 by Science Magazine’s Top Employer Survey, read on
Lilly invests in innovation and as part of this investment; we are currently hiring top R&D scientists.
It’s an exciting time for Lilly. Due to a strategic commitment to the growth of biotechnology, we plan to significantly enhance our capabilities associated with the discovery of biotherapeutics, and are hiring for multiple opportunities across the Toxicology / ADME (absorption, distribution, metabolism, and elimination) organization. This group is responsible for evaluating the preclinical pharmacokinetics and disposition of therapeutic proteins/peptides and monoclonal antibodies. The team interfaces with toxicology, discovery biology, protein engineering and multiple therapeutic areas to help identify and characterize optimal therapeutic candidates to advance to clinical testing.
The group is expanding capabilities in analytical, cell biology and PK/PD to more fully characterize factors influencing the absorption and disposition of biologic therapeutics. Discovery is the foundation of what we do. If you are talented scientist interested in discovering medicines that improve lives around the world, read on:
• Function as a project leader in a multidisciplinary team environment with primary responsibility for the early preclinical development of antibodies and protein/peptide molecules.
• Integrate pharmacokinetics and PK/PD with discovery biology to define structure activity relationships to guide protein engineering strategies and to help optimize development of protein therapeutics.
• Interact across groups, including other departments, regulatory agencies, and functional groups within drug disposition.
• Responsible for the design, conduct, interpretation and reporting of study results.
• Design/execution of preclinical PK/PD studies
• Develop and apply PK/PD modeling strategies
• Write preclinical and clinical study reports
• Interface with biology, toxicology and clinical research
• Ph.D. in Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics or a related field in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
• PK/PD modeling of monoclonal antibodies, peptides/proteins or fusion proteins experience
• Working knowledge of software such as WinNonlin, NONMEM and S-Plus.
• Experience in the design and execution of PK/PD studies and development of mathematical PK/PD models.
• Experience with drug development and knowledge of regulatory processes preferred.
• Prior experience working in an interdisciplinary team also preferred. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated ability to identify scientific issues and solve problems, both individually and with partners in functional groups.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.