Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. is a fast growing, clinical stage biopharmaceutical company. Our primary therapeutic focus is oncology, including the treatment of chronic cancer pain, but we are also developing therapeutic products for other indications, including immunology and infectious diseases.
If you’re a quick learner, enjoy working in the biotech industry, and share our mission of providing ground-breaking impact to medicine, each other, and our patients, Sorrento Therapeutics is the place for you!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to join our growing research team. The position offers a unique opportunity for a candidate with expertise in Chemical Biology and protein conjugation to work on design, synthesis and characterization of novel antibody-based therapeutics, including Intracellular Targeting Antibodies (iTAb), Immunomodulatory Bi-specific Antibodies and Immuno-Nanoparticle Conjugates.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and education:
• Ph.D. or Master in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Biology or a closed related discipline with 2+ years (5+ years for Master) of post-graduate or industrial experience in protein/antibody conjugation, characterization and analytical method development.
• Profound expertise in bioconjugation techniques and demonstrated ability to develop conjugation protocols using novel chemistries.
• Proficiency with purification and analytical techniques, including Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC), Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography (HIC), Ion-exchange (IEX), and affinity purification. Familiarity with operating AKTA and HPLC is required.
• Proven track record of scientific innovation as reflected by publications and patents.
• The successful candidate should possess good oral and written skills and can communicate well in a collaborate in an interdisciplinary environment.
WHAT YOU’LL LIKE ABOUT US
• Innovative. You’ll be on the leading edge of immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer.
• Synergetic. You’ll enjoy our ever changing, but collaborative company culture.
• Rest and Relaxation. Three (3) weeks paid time off, 10 paid holidays, on-site wellness program.
• Benefits. Medical with HMO, PPO, HSA and FSA options, dental/vision, and stock options.
• Prepared for the Future. 401(k) with company match
If this sounds like the right career to fit your personality and interests, we’re looking forward to meeting you!
Please attach your CV or resume and note the following job title in the subject line S_YF and email to: Jobs@SorrentoTherapeutics.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer