Perform and lead research of oncology diagnostic products (IHC, ISH, FISH, in situ PCR etc).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Design and develop diagnostic assays, including verification and validation, to support clinical trials and global product launch.
• Document research and product development progress under Quality Management System
• Assist in writing proposals for federal research grants
• Manage projects and partnerships with thought leaders and external collaborators
• Plan and execute publications in academic journals and conference posters
• Assist thought leaders and collaborators with webinars and conference workshop presentations
• Work with marketing department to develop application notes, white papers, product brochures and other promotional materials
• Communicate progress directly with colleagues, senior management and collaborators using PowerPoint and other appropriate tools
BioGenex designs, develops, and commercializes advanced fully-automated molecular pathology systems for cancer diagnosis, prognosis, personalized medicine, and life science research. The recent introduction of our eFISHency integrated workflow solution for FISH laboratories and miRNA system for characterization of cancer of unknown primary (CUP) and for undifferentiated tumors is a game changer that has no rival in the industry. Our fully automated molecular pathology work stations are the most advanced system globally. Our customer focused approach, with premier after sales support and excellent technical service, provides the best in class customer care. Our spirit of innovation drives us to deliver cutting edge technology, years ahead of our competition, and the finest systems for life science research and diagnostics.
What we offer:
• Low barriers to getting things done - if your idea is good, we make it happen.
• Extremely friendly and approachable co-workers and management.
• Bagels and casual attire on Fridays.
• Fluidity: we want for you to learn about all of our other departments and encourage cross-departmental collaboration. We are all one big team!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ensures its employment decisions comply with principles embodied in Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, Executive Order 11246, Revised Order Number 4, and applicable state regulations.
Education and Experience:
Doctorate degree (PhD or MD) in cancer biology, molecular/cell biology, immunology, pharmacology, medicine or equivalent.
At least 4 years of cancer biology research and development techniques, including immunohistochemistry (IHC), in situ hybridization (ISH), FISH, microarray and real-time PCR.
Prior experience in clinical pathology is a plus.
Proven success in applying independent scientific judgment for experimental design and analysis, and managing collaborative and individual projects.
Strong track record of academic journal publications.