Insmed is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients battling serious lung diseases. We are focused on the development and commercialization of novel, targeted inhaled therapies for patients with high unmet needs battling orphan lung diseases. Insmed is a sustainable, patient-centered biopharmaceutical company at the intersection of Pulmonary, Orphan and Infectious Diseases.
Insmed understands that its most valuable resource is its employees. We place great value on the unique skills, talents and qualities that each of our employees brings to our company. We are building a world-class team with a focus on innovation, teamwork and the desire and ability to change the way our patients live.
Insmed is a fast-paced, high-energy organization that seeks talented individuals who are leaders in their respective functional areas of expertise, who are creative problem solvers and who have the desire to make a difference.
This position is based at our Bridgewater, NJ headquarters facility.
The candidate will work with a multidisciplinary team of scientists and be engaged in the early development, optimization, and in vitro testing of novel nanoparticle formulations to treat rare lung diseases.
• Plan, design and implement studies of new products in cell-based and other in-vitro assays
• Develop methods for in-vitro screening of new products
• Characterize formulations using appropriate analytical techniques
• Support preclinical activities
• Maintain laboratory equipment
• Prepare and communicate technical reports and publications
• Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biomedical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Cell Biology or a related discipline and up to 3 years of industrial experience in a research environment are required
• Experience with in-vitro cell-based techniques is required
• Experience in relevant analytical and bioanalytical techniques / instrumentation (microscopy, flow cytometry, HPLC, fluorescent spectroscopy) is required
• Knowledge of molecular biology, cell biology and immunology is desired
• Knowledge of drug delivery systems, including nanoparticle based formulations, and inhalation therapy is a plus
• Experience in microbiological techniques is a plus
• High degree of motivation, creativity and research orientation are essential
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as a team orientation are required
Insmed is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will judge all applicants based on their qualifications for the job, without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Unsolicited resumes from agencies should not be forwarded to Insmed. Insmed will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes through this source. Insmed will only pay a fee to agencies if a formal agreement between Insmed and the agency has been established. The Human Resources department is responsible for all recruitment activities; please contact us directly to be considered for a formal agreement.
Please note that we review every submission and we will keep all submissions on file for six months. Insmed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.