Jounce Therapeutics is an immuno-oncology company dedicated to transforming the treatment of cancer. The company is discovering and developing novel cancer immunotherapies designed to harness the immune system to attack tumors and provide long-lasting benefits to patients. Jounce integrates translational science insights including identification of related biomarkers designed to match the right immunotherapy to the right patients. The company is advancing programs that leverage contributions from its world-class founders as well as knowledge acquired from Jounce’s Translational Science Platform to create a sustainable “discovery to human proof-of-concept” product engine with the potential to drive significantly more durable responses to treatment. Founded by world leaders in tumor immunology, cancer biology and clinical and translational medicine, Jounce Therapeutics was launched in 2013 with funding from leading life sciences investor, Third Rock Ventures. Jounce recently announced a global strategic collaboration with Celgene Corporation focused on developing and commercializing innovative immuno-oncology treatments for patients with cancer. This partnership represents a significant financial investment for both companies including an upfront payment of $225 million, a $36 million equity investment and up to an additional $2.3 billion in future milestone payments across all programs included in the collaboration.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an evolving team of IT and informatics professionals in a rapidly growing company while contributing to the discovery and development of novel therapeutics for cancer patients. Additionally, there is an opportunity to expand your knowledge of immunotherapy and oncology through day-to-day activities and close interactions with the scientific project teams within Jounce.
The candidate will join the Research Informatics team and work closely with IT, Lab Operations, and R&D project teams. Research Informatics is responsible for all aspects of research data management including
• therapeutic sample and reagent inventory
• preclinical sample tracking
• genomics and NGS data management
• functional and characterization assay data
As a key member of this high-performing team, the candidate will contribute to the evolution of software systems to support these aspects. S/he will also provide continuous support for existing LIMS, sample registration, and electronic lab notebook and data analysis software and coordinate changes to these systems. This is an excellent opportunity to shape the future of the entire R&D division and lay the groundwork for an integrated sample tracking and data analysis platform.
• Interface with scientific staff to understand their informatics needs
• Design technical solutions to address data management challenges
• Implement software solutions and processes by working with vendors, contractors, and internal team members
• Help administrate LIMS, sample registration, electronic lab notebook, and assay data registration systems
• Develop and promote best practices for scientific data analysis and storage
• Train and support scientific staff and be a subject matter expert on scientific software
• Degree in Computer Science; Life Science degree a plus
• 5 years (BA/BS) or 3 years (MS) work experience in pharma/biotech R&D with a solid understanding of the drug discovery and preclinical development process
• Knowledge of relational databases, software development process, web services, cloud architecture, data modeling
• Experience with Core LIMS, Biovia Registration and ELN, Pipeline Pilot, and TIBCO Spotfire.
• Familiarity with GraphPad Prism and/or Genedata Screener a plus.
• Experience in software development (Oracle PL/SQL, Java, web development) or familiarity with agile SDLC techniques
• Familiarity with scientific lab technology including chromatography, sequencing, molecular biology, protein expression, and cell culture
• Must have strong organization skills and be comfortable communicating with groups
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as well as independently