Delinia, Inc., is developing novel biologics that harness the power of Regulatory T Cells for the treatment of autoimmune diseases (http://deliniabio.com). Delinia is seeking a highly motivated laboratory scientist with a strong scientific grounding in protein science and with experience in protein purification and protein analytics to join our research group. This is a contract/temporary position for up to six months with the possibility of converting to a regular position.
The successful candidate will be responsible for purifying and characterizing novel therapeutic protein candidates in support of research and preclinical development programs. Strong data analysis skills, and the ability to prepare written reports and to present results in research team meetings is critical.
• B.S. in biological sciences with >2 years’ experience or an M.S. in a relevant field. The title and compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications.
• A strong scientific grounding in protein chemistry and protein structure and function.
• Excellent knowledge in protein analytical method development, including but not limited to HPLC, SDS-PAGE, Western blot, protein binding methodology (eg., Surface Plasmon Resonance, ELISA).
• Hands-on experience with protein production and purification from mammalian cells and other cell systems.
• Strong data analysis skills and familiarity with key data analysis programs (eg., Excel, Prism)
Key personal attributes:
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work within a tight-knit team
• An open, collaborative approach to your work.
• The ability to adapt to the rapidly changing needs of a dynamic company.
Delinia has facilities in Emeryville, CA, and Cambridge, MA; this position is located in Emeryville, CA.
Delinia wants individuals with the drive and passion to do innovative science and develop valuable new treatments for patients. Delinia offers competitive compensation packages. Interested candidates should send their resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.