Uniquely positioned to enhance quality of life in aging, we are pioneering science that is rapidly being translated to the clinic. Our approaches utilize in vivo, proteomic, and molecular techniques to identify therapeutics and apply them to patients. We are seeking a highly motivated and driven research associate who will be key in advancing our preclinical scientific activities. The research associate will help establish in vitro cellular assays to enable bioactive screening and mechanism of action studies. The role is critical in assisting the scientific team in advancing our therapeutic understandings. This person will be involved in establishing, validating, and implementing methodologies in Alkahest’s laboratories and is thus pivotal to the company’s mission. The studies performed will involve cutting edge science and require innovative concepts and strategies. The role requires dedication to drive science, flexibility, excellent communication and organization, and will interact with a team of scientists and research associates to drive multiple projects in parallel. We offer a competitive compensation package.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Performing primary cell tissue culture
• Generation and maintenance of stable cell lines
• Designing, planning, and performing cellular experiments
• Use of molecular and biochemical analysis, immunocytochemistry and microscopy
• Maintaining familiarity with current scientific literature
• Investigating and developing new methods and technologies for project advancement
• Interfacing on a regular basis with lead scientific staff to organize, coordinate, schedule and execute experimental work. This may include designing, performing, and presenting experimental paradigms
• A Bachelor or Masters degree in biology, cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or Neuroscience is required
• Minimum of two (2) years of progressively advancing responsibilities and technical experience
• Multiple years of experience with tissue culture, cell-based and biochemical assays. Experience with neuronal cultures is preferred
• Experience with immunocytochemistry and microscopy
• Experience with vector design and construction, conditional gene expression in mammalian systems, culture of primary cells and cell-based screening is a plus
• Strong communication skills that enable the individual to interact with all levels of management, technical and scientific personnel
Please send CV and cover letter. Thank you.