Teva’s Biologics Discovery group in Redwood City develops protein-based therapeutics from concept to commercial launch. The successful candidate will work with a multidisciplinary team to validate drug targets and protein-based lead candidates targeting neurodegenerative conditions and refractory pain.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Candidate responsibilities will include the development, optimization and execution of in vitro and cell-based assays to support biotherapeutic lead discovery. The successful candidate will be expected to work both independently and with other team members to complete project goals on time and contribute to the management of laboratory operations.
• BS or MA in cell biology, biochemistry, neuroscience, immunology or related field with 3-8 years of practical hands-on experience in an industry setting
• Prior experience in biotherapeutic drug discovery with a solid understanding of the structural bases and functional effects of protein-ligand interactions
• Prior hands-on experience in a variety of modern in vitro biochemical and cell biological techniques to analyze protein biology. Expertise in immunoblot and immunosorbent assays, immunohistochemistry and fluorescent microscopy, cell-based phenotypic assays, surface plasmon resonance, and multi-color flow cytometry is desirable
• Exceptional organizational, problem solving and collaborative skills
• Must be self-motivated and proactive, able to multi-task, and detail oriented with good notebook practices
• Must be able to work independently to meet tight timelines efficiently and productively
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as effective listening and interpersonal skills
• Prior experience working with neurological targets, pain or behavioral models, or antibody discovery is highly desirable
*** Please copy and paste this link into your browser to apply: